Marriage License

The Marriage Licence Application is completed by individuals wishing to purchase a Marriage Licence in order to be married in Ontario. The form will only be accepted by completing the information and taking it in person to an Ontario Marriage Licence issuer.

You will need to bring with you identification, such as a birth certificate (along with any change of name certificates), current passport, Record of Immigrant Landing or Canadian citizenship card, along with photo identification, for both the bride and the groom. Contact your City/Municipality Clerk’s Office for the location of the Marriage Licence Issuer nearest you and any further requirements.

(Further Inquires visit the Ontario Government web site.)

All specific questions related to Marriage Certificates and name change are handled through the city hall where the Marriage Licence was purchased or by contacting the Office of the Registrar General of Ontario (1.800.461.2156)

All Licenced Officiates are responsible to mail the completed Marriage Licence to Office of the Registrar General in Thunder Bay within 48 hours of your wedding. Rabbi Audrey Kaufman will fulfill this responsibility on your behalf.

The Record of Solemnization (tear off portion of the Licence) is given to each couple on the day of the wedding.

To receive your official Marriage Certificate you must apply for it 12 weeks following your wedding.

Marriage Certificate Signing

Married Couple